Friday, March 7, 2008

Aftermath

Blessings turn to curses in an instant. One flash of time passes and I am changed forever. Trust is crushed like a brittle autumn leaf and the illusion of safety crumbles next to it. Everything is different. Every single breath becomes an effort. Breath: one of the most basic elements of life. Breath is natural; we don't have to think about it much because our bodies take care of it for us. But now, I feel every moment of inhaling and it hurts. My chest is heavy like it is being weighted down by some invisible dumbbell. It is stifling. I never imagined that it could be this painful to live.

1 comment:

hope said...

Hey, just tripped over your blog. You haven't posted recently, but just wanted to drop a word of encouragement and hope.

You are not alone. There is healing. Keep fighting for it and you will get there ... here.

I have some similar experiences and your description of pain used to be a familiar one for me too. I don't hurt.

... a prayer that you will say that someday soon.

Laurel